Saturday, March 20, 2010

Through My Eyes

After all of us arrived at the airport we got on the metro and started heading towards our "home" for the next 6 days only we got on the train heading in the wrong direction, what a way to start our immersion. On a train, in the dark, unsure of our direction, 6 women with luggage in tow what a sight...a memory was made. After our train started to head in the correct direction we arrived at our stop and made it to street level, now which way to our home?

As we where walking to the Steinbruck Center we passed a homeless gentleman sitting on the side of a building rattling his cup asking for extra change. I found myself not making eye contact and becoming fearful of this gentleman. It then hit me, Stacie, this is why you are here. Since that day I can honestly say that I have been looking at the homeless population through different eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment