Friday, March 5, 2010

With the weekend off to a start I'm trying to decide what my family and I should do for a little fun. While thinking of things to do with my family, my mind drifted off and I found myself here.

As I began to think of something for my family to do, I began to wonder what types of "things" do the homeless do for fun? OK, I know it may seem strainge to wonder about about this kind of topic, but really what do they do for fun? You don't always need money or a home with a roof to find some fun things to do. Some of life's best memories are made by just being in the right place at the right time and don't cost a thing.

Think of all there is to do and see around where you live, no matter how big your city or town there are always actives going on. Many homeless live in bigger cities and I can't begin to imagine all that they must see on the street each and every day. From free concerts in the park, city festivals, parade's, people watching, and the list goes on. The knowledge homeless individuals have about the city they live in, is probably better than any brochure or book we could read about. They know the safest streets to travel on, the quickest way from point "A" to point "B", what time the bus comes and goes, the best city sites you can see for free, where to get some illegal drugs, or what goes on within their home (aka the street). The following link is of a homeless gentleman dancing at a free concert in a city park, having some fun.

http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/752113/homeless_guy_dancing.swf

As for my family and I, I think this weekend we'll find something to do as long as its together it doesn't really matter what street we head down.

No comments:

Post a Comment